Forensic Services: Litigation
Are you involved in a complex business dispute?
If you are involved in a legal dispute such as a breach of contract, shareholder dispute, intellectual property infringement, or fraud, you may require a financial consultant or expert to assist in determining economic damages.
In cases of divorce, you may require assistance in determining the value of an interest in a business for purposes of equitable distribution, the classification of separate and marital property (including personal and entity goodwill), or assessment of income for spousal/child support.
Because the value of your business may be your most important investment, it makes sense to hire the specialists who possess the expertise and experience to represent you.
Valuation and Forensic Services Team
Our Valuation and Forensic Services team specializes in assisting attorneys and their clients with complex disputes, including litigation consulting and expert witness services for commercial disputes and divorce, and financial advisory services for reorganization and bankruptcy.
Our professionals have served as expert witnesses in both federal and state court, and have also served as court-appointed neutral experts.
- Development of strategy
- Analyzing industries and markets
- Evaluating liability issues
- Assisting with discovery
- Developing alternative damages theories
- Quantifying economic damages (e.g., lost profits, unjust enrichment, reasonable royalty, diminution of value)
- Analyzing opposing experts’ damages models
- Preparing demonstrative exhibits for trial
- Preparing expert reports
- Presenting expert witness testimony
Types of Litigation
- Breach of contract
- Business interruption
- Intellectual property infringement (trade secrets, patents, copyrights, and trademarks)
- Marital dissolution
- Post-acquisition disputes
- Professional malpractice
- Shareholder disputes
- Tortious interference
- Wrongful death
- Wrongful termination