Financial Valuation: Applications and Models, 4th edition, is co-authored by Harold G. Martin, Jr., CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA, CFE, partner-in-charge of the Valuation and Forensic Services Group for Keiter. Meet Harold.
This textbook is used by the AICPA’s National Business Valuation School for which Harold serves as one of the instructors.
In today’s complex, global marketplace, accurate and useful business valuation depends on clear guidance supported by a delineated framework.
Financial Valuation Applications and Models is the rock-solid solution professionals have turned to for 13+ years. This authoritative reference assembles 30 accomplished thought leaders to present the most up-to-date guidance, applications, and models for valuing closely held businesses, nonpublic entities, intangibles, and other assets. This one-stop resource offers what you need for success in the real world, including convenient, practical “ValTips” for getting to the bottom of controversial issues.
The Fourth Edition has all the latest business valuation information, such as brand-new:
• Thinking and research on risk premiums, beta, and data sources related to cost of capital/rates of return
• Data sources for valuing companies outside the United States
• Presentation of a complete valuation report that is compliant with the business valuation standards of the AICPA (SSVS), ASA, IBA, NACVA, and USPAP
• Quantitative models for determining a discount for lack of marketability and using restricted stock transaction data
• Guidance on calculating fair market compensation in the healthcare industry and other industries
• New thoughts and applications for valuing pass-through entities
The information contained within this article is provided for informational purposes only and is current as of the date published. Online readers are advised not to act upon this information without seeking the service of a professional accountant, as this article is not a substitute for obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.