Colby is a Manager in Keiter’s Business and Advisory Services department. He is focused on developing a thorough understanding of his clients’ businesses in order to provide value and share accounting insights for a successful engagement.
He coordinates on-site assurance services which include understanding and testing of internal controls, analytical procedures and testing of detail transactions, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial statements. This includes audits of organizations which receive federal awards and are subject to audits under the Uniform Guidance as well as organizations that receive funding from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and are subject to HUD’s audit compliance requirements. His clients include for-profit and not-for-profit entities. He is a member of the Firm’s Manufacturing, Retail, and Distribution industry team and is also a member of Keiter’s Future Leaders Group.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Helping Young Professionals Engage
- Sunset Holler, Inc. – Vice President, Treasurer, and Board Member
Education and Credentials
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business – Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business – Finance
- Master of Accounting and Information Systems
- Certified Public Accountant