John has over 30 years of experience in public accounting, providing auditing and business consulting services to clients principally in the not-for-profit, real estate, and construction industries. John specializes in mergers and acquisitions, business planning, and financing. His experience includes designing and implementing cost accounting and inventory control systems for multi-industry companies, conducting LIFO inventories, conducting quality of earnings reviews, and assisting clients with adopting new accounting standards.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Shady Grove YMCA, Board of Management
- Virginia Tech Alumni Association- Richmond Chapter, Past President and Treasurer
- Hokie Club-Member, Representative
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
PUBLICATIONS AND THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
John shares his assurance knowledge and insights on Keiter’s blog.