Carl A. Loden
With over 30 years of experience in providing insights and creating opportunities for his clients, Carl's practice emphasizes estate and financial planning, partnerships, LLCs, and real estate. He conducts a wide range of consulting, finance, and tax related engagements for prominent families and for family owned and operated businesses.
Carl works closely with many of his clients to develop strategies for achieving overall personal and financial goals, both lifetime and testamentary. He also assists clients in developing and implementing comprehensive investment strategies tailored to their long-term financial goals.
Carl applies his significant knowledge in tax and financial consulting for developers, builders, and real estate investors. His clients have included multi-family apartment complexes, commercial and mixed-use developments, hotels, residential developments, and real estate subsidiaries of several Fortune 500 companies.
Before joining Keiter in 1993, Carl was a Tax Partner and the Partner-in-Charge of Real Estate Advisory Services for the Virginia offices of Coopers & Lybrand. At that time, he also served on the firm's National Real Estate Advisory Committee and Wealth Preservation Committee.
In the 2011 - 2013 surveys conducted by Virginia Business magazine, Carl was selected as a Super CPA in the Personal Financial Planning category.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Partnership Taxation and Tax Education Subcommittees, Past Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Personal Financial Planning Committee, Past Chairman; Federal Taxation Committee, Past Chairman
- Estate Planning Council of Richmond
- Richmond Real Estate Group
- The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen, Past Chairman
- Virginia Baptist Homes, Board of Trustees
- Good Samaritan Ministries, Board Member
Masters in Taxation, Virginia Commonwealth University
Bachelor of Science, Mississippi State University