Ethan H.R. Hitchcock, CPA, ABV
Valuation and Forensic Services Manager
Ethan H.R. Hitchcock is a Manager in the Firm’s Valuation and Forensic Services Group. He conducts business valuation services for purposes of financial reporting relating to business combinations and goodwill impairment testing; litigation and shareholder disputes; estate, gift, and income taxes; mergers and acquisitions; employee stock ownership plans; transfer pricing; reorganizations and bankruptcies; marital dissolution; buy/sell agreements; and appraisal reviews. He has experience valuing complex securities such as preferred stock; convertible preferred stock; and employee stock options, warrants, and stock appreciation rights.
Ethan performs forensic accounting services, including litigation consulting services and financial investigations. His experience includes the following: shareholder disputes, marital dissolution, breach of contract, business interruption, tortious interference, intellectual property infringement, post-acquisition disputes, and fraud.
Ethan has served clients in a variety of industries including, but not limited to technology, financial, construction, healthcare, retail trade, manufacturing, distribution, wholesale, government contracting, and professional services.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Member (AM) in Business Valuation
- ChamberRVA, formerly Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce
- Helping Young Professionals Engage (HYPE) program
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
B.S. in Accounting, Cum Laude
B.A. in History, Cum Laude
Beta Alpha Psi – National Business Honor Fraternity