James H. McGrath
Managing Director of Transaction Advisory Services
Jim has 17 years of corporate finance experience advising middle market companies and private equity groups, including broad experience in mergers & acquisitions, private equity and debt placements, and bank financings. His Merger & Acquisition transactions span business and technology services, healthcare, energy, and specialty manufacturing. Jim’s focus at Keiter is providing corporate finance and strategic advisory services to middle market companies. His clients have included Fortune 500 companies, private companies, and private equity funds.
Prior to joining Keiter, Jim was with KPMG Corporate Finance, LLC, an international middle market-focused investment bank, and with Ewing Bemiss & Co., a boutique investment banking firm. He also has a J.D. and was a corporate/M&A lawyer at Hogan & Lovells LLP and Hunton & Williams, both global firms, before beginning his corporate finance career.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- Virginia State Bar, member
- General Securities Representative (Series 7)
- Investment Banking Representative (Series 79)
- Richmond Little League, Board of Directors
- Juris Doctor, Virginia Law School (Virginia Law Review, Order of the Coif)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, with Distinction, University of Virginia (Phi Beta Kappa, The Raven Society)