Paul Heckman, CPA
Paul has over 15 years of experience in public accounting providing tax consulting and compliance services for privately owned businesses and individuals. Paul’s focus at Keiter emphasizes partnerships and limited liability companies, most of which are heavily concentrated in the real estate industry. His clients include commercial and mixed-use developments, residential developments, multi-family apartment complexes, low income housing, and land developers. In addition, Paul applies his expertise and knowledge in structuring transactions and reviewing proposed acquisitions in order to minimize the tax consequences for his clients.
Before joining Keiter in 2002, Paul worked in Arthur Andersen’s corporate tax department as a senior tax associate.
Paul co-chairs Keiter's Real Estate and Construction Industry team.
Professional and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Richmond Association for Commercial Real Estate, member
- Virginia Tech Alumni Association, Richmond Chapter
- Innsbrook Owners Association, Treasurer
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business, Kornblau Real Estate Program, Real Estate Circle of Excellence
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Virginia Tech
Publications and Thought Leadership
- ”Tax Incentives Prosper for New Economic Development in Richmond Region”— The Commercial Reporter, June 3, 2013
- “Property Owners Benefit from Classification”—Inside Business—The Hampton Roads Business Journal, March 22, 2013