Robert L. Sommerville
Bob joined Keiter in 2000 and has over 30 years experience in public accounting. He provides accounting insights to retail and wholesale distribution, manufacturing, and real estate clients, as well as companies in the technology and not-for-profit industries.
He is a member of our Business Assurance & Advisory Services team, and works primarily with private companies, creating opportunities, helping to implement growth plans, developing systems and processes, and assisting in exit strategies for owners.
Bob was Director of the Middle Market Advisory Services practice in the Richmond office of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (pwc). He previously worked in pwc's public companies practice participating in several initial public offerings. He also spent two years in their mergers and acquisitions group working on numerous LBOs, purchase transactions, and related due-diligence efforts.
In 2001 through 2010 surveys conducted by Virginia Business magazine, Bob was named one of Virginia's Super CPAs.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- The Greater Richmond ARC (Association for Retarded Citizens), Chairman of the Board, Former Director and Vice Chairman
- Covenant Woods, Former Director and Chairman
- RichTech (formerly Greater Richmond Technology Council), Former Director and Chairman
- Central Virginia Entrepreneurship Center (CVEC), Former member of the Advisory Board
- Virginia Community Development Loan Fund, Former Advisory Board member
- School of The Richmond Ballet, Former Director and Treasurer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
Education Publications and Thought Leadership
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Auditing Corporate Income Tax Accruals