Toby R. Leslie, CPA
Toby partners with his clients to identify opportunities and provide accounting and auditing services that meet their unique business goals and requirements. He has over 15 years of experience and participates in various client services including financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, acquisition due-diligence investigations, consulting, and other agreed-upon procedures.
Toby leads Keiter’s Emerging Business team. He serves many clients in the technology sector which includes: software development, SAAS, and life sciences companies. He is familiar with the unique business challenges in this industry including revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, and other equity instruments. In addition, Toby works with international companies that report under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and has extensive expertise in manufacturing, distribution, real estate, hospitality and professional services industries.
Toby is also a member of our ERISA audit team and provides services for various defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans.
In surveys conducted by Virginia Business magazine, Toby was named one of Virginia’s Super CPAs.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Central Virginia Chapter of Hospitality, Financial, and Technology Professionals, Vice President
- Innsbrook Foundation, Vice President and former Treasurer
- Junior Achievement of Central Virginia, Board member and Finance park volunteer
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- “Annual Accounting and Audit Update” | Keiter Fall Seminars, 2010-2012.
Publications and Thought Leadership
- "Toby Leslie Featured In Work It, Richmond" | Work It, Richmond, February 27, 2013