Toby R. Leslie, CPA
Toby has over 13 years of experience at Keiter creating opportunities and providing accounting and auditing services. He participates in various client services including financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, acquisition due-diligence investigations, consulting, and other agreed-upon procedures.
Toby leads Keiter’s Emerging Technology industry team. He primarily serves clients in the technology sector which includes: software development, SAAS, and life sciences companies. He is familiar with the unique business challenges in this industry including revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, and other equity instruments. In addition, he has extensive expertise in manufacturing, distribution, real estate, hospitality and professional services industries. He leads our CPA Firm Peer Review Services practice and is also a member of our ERISA audit team, providing services for various defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans.
In surveys conducted by Virginia Business magazine, Toby was named one of Virginia’s Super CPAs.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Central Virginia Chapter of Hospitality, Financial, and Technology Professionals, Vice President
- Innsbrook Foundation, Vice President and former Treasurer
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- “Annual Accounting and Audit Update” | Keiter Fall Seminars, 2010-2012.
Publications and Thought Leadership
- "Toby Leslie Featured In Work It, Richmond" | Work It, Richmond, February 27, 2013