We work with international businesses on inbound and outbound transactions. This includes international companies with subsidiaries in the United States as well as those with subsidiaries worldwide.
International Business Tax Planning
Keiter continuously monitors national and international tax issues and proposed tax law changes that may affect your international business. We partner with you to successfully navigate tax changes and develop tax and financial strategies to increase cash flow.
Our international tax planning services include:
- Accounting for Income Taxes and Tax Uncertainties
- Domestic and International Transactions
- Entity Structure Analysis
- Federal and State Tax Credits
- Cross Border Tax Optimization
- Multi-State Considerations
- Purchase Accounting and asset valuation
- Transfer Pricing
International Tax Compliance
In working with you, our tax professionals will leverage their international tax experience and knowledge to provide personalized services that meet your corporate tax compliance requirements.
Our international tax compliance services include:
- Coordination and preparation of US income tax returns (federal and state)
- Reporting for Foreign Accounts – Form 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts
- Estimated Tax Planning
- FACTA and Other Cross Border Reporting and Withholding
- Foreign Ownership Reporting and Compliance – Forms 5471, 5472, 8865, 8858
- Federal and State Tax Credits
- Executive Tax Reporting and Planning
Local Connections. Global Expertise.
Keiter utilizes a wide network of leading accounting firm contacts through our alliance with LEA Global, the second largest international professional accounting firm association in the world. With 189 member firms operating in over 100 countries, your business will benefit from global connections and a knowledge base that offers localized insightful advice with personalized service.
LEA Global members represent the top accounting firms in their respective countries, including the largest and most respected firms in Europe, Asia, North and South America. LEA Global is an association of likeminded firms that share the common vision of innovation, quality and excellence.
Through this close association of firm leaders, we are able to provide international companies with technical support and specialized advice, or local geographic presence for situations such as inventory observations and local, county, or township tax issues in cities throughout the world.
International Tax Experience
Our international tax services team applies our experience to provide personalized service that meets unique international business needs. Our experience can add value in the following areas:
- Acquisition and disposition of U.S real estate holdings by foreign investors
- Tax planning for exports utilizing IC-DISCs
- Structuring Foreign Investments in the U.S.
- Structuring US Companies for International Expansion
- Analyzing cross border transactions
- Reporting controlled foreign corporation transactions, including Subpart F
- Maximizing Foreign Tax Credit Utilization
- Utilizing Income tax Treaties
- Payments of US Source Income to Foreign Persons