How will the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) impact Not-for-Profit organizations?
Posted on 04.26.18
The EU’s new data protection regulation, GDPR, takes effect on May 25, 2018. Both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations will have to comply with the new regulations or face significant fines. The GDPR will affect certain not-for-profit organizations that collect personal information from citizens of the EU.
Since donor, supporter, and volunteer data collection is vital to not-for-profit organizations, it is extremely important to have policies and procedures in place to ensure the organization is GDPR compliant. John DeMarzo, a member of our Cybersecurity team, shares an explanation of GDPR and how to comply in his article, “What companies need to know about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)”
Keiter has developed a GDPR-focused cybersecurity risk assessment program and can help benchmark your compliance and develop the policies and procedures your organization needs to comply. Interested in learning more about our assessment program? Contact our Cybersecurity Services team or Email | Call: 804.747.000
Additional Cybersecurity Resources
- Data Breach – It can happen to you!
- SOC for Cybersecurity: An Answer to Leadership’s Cybersecurity Responsibilities
- Five Reasons Why Your IT Outsourcer Isn’t Keeping You Cyber Secure (and neither is your internal IT team)
- Infosecstack: Your Collection of Free Cybersecurity Resources
- Cybersecurity: So You Think You Have A Breach
- Cybersecurity: Educate and Motivate Staff to Be Careful
- Access all of our Cybersecurity Resources