Keeping Manufacturers Competitive in a Global Marketplace
We provide insights and opportunities to over 50 local and national manufacturing clients, including several subsidiaries of foreign-owned companies. Our clients manufacture a range of products from paper and wood products to power distributors and acoustical equipment.
Our industry experts are well versed in the issues facing manufacturing companies including financial reporting matters and tax issues associated with LIFO inventory, manufacturing overheads, and Section 199 manufacturing deductions.
Capital intensive businesses such as those in manufacturing need to be capitalized properly to overcome barriers to entry, to the business, or to expand into other markets. We can assist you with:
- Maximizing favorable tax consequences regarding inventory
- Tax reporting requirements for international businesses domiciled in the U.S
- Maximizing federal and state tax credits and business incentives
- Assessing current and future multistate tax nexus for income tax as well as sales and use tax
- Structuring future transactions, whether domestic or international
- Performing cost segregation studies to identify larger depreciation deductions
- Implementing complex accounting areas such as leasing, variable interest entities, and international financial reporting standards.
- Performing Internal audits, internal controls reviews, IT audits, and regulatory compliance reviews.