Maximizing Growth & Minimizing Risks
Our real estate and tax experts have been on the forefront of real estate transactional issues for three decades and work with a real estate client base of over 500 entities. Real estate developers, commercial and residential developers, contractors, brokers, and property owners and managers benefit from the insights and opportunities our experience provides.
Our real estate services team focuses on maximizing opportunities for growth while minimizing risks associated with the issues your business faces. We have particular expertise in advising clients on strategies to maximize capital gain opportunities, achieve tax deferral through Section 1031 or 1033 exchanges, and capitalize depreciation through cost segregation. Our team members stay current with new legislation and industry changes by participating in Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Greater Richmond Association of Commercial Real Estate (GRACRE), Richmond Real Estate Group, and the Affordable Housing Association of CPAs (AHACPA).
Keiter gains an understanding of your goals to assist you in all stages of the real estate life cycle. We can assist you with:
- Entity selection
- Maximizing opportunities for capital gain treatment
- Planning for capitalized costs
- Achieving tax deferral through Section 1031 or 1033 exchanges
- Debt workouts
- Performing cost segregation studies
- Structuring Partnerships
- Performing Internal audits, internal controls reviews, IT audits, and regulatory compliance reviews
- VHDA/HUD/FHA Reporting
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credits
- Federal and State Historic Preservation and Rehabilitation Tax Credits
Real Estate & Construction Industry Expertise
Keiter has one of the largest and most experienced real estate and construction industry teams in Virginia. This team has unparalleled real estate transaction expertise and is proactive in bringing opportunities to clients that impact their bottom line. Contact our team to find out how we can help you and your business.