State & Local Tax
Starting a new business? Expanding operations into other states? Enhancing operations or services?
The Keiter State and Local Tax team can assist you in understanding and complying with the tax requirements that are relevant to your business. Our experienced team of professionals provides you with insights for effectively managing your tax function, tax liabilities and identifying opportunities to reduce your tax burden.
Our state and local tax services include the following:
Income and Franchise Tax Services
- Multistate Tax Compliance Outsourcing
- Nexus Studies
- Apportionment Factor Reviews
- Tax Credits and Incentives
Sales and Use Tax Services
- Nexus Studies
- Process or Compliance Reviews
- Taxability Studies
- Refund Reviews
- Liability Reviews
- Manufacturing and Research and Development Exemption Reviews
Local Tax Services
- Local Tax Reviews
Specialty Services for Any Tax Services
- Voluntary Disclosures
- Consulting and Research
- Due Diligence Reviews
Other Specialty Services
- Abandoned and Unclaimed Property
Client Case Studies
- Assisted a client in receiving a refund of $750,000 in overpaid use tax on advertising services as the result of a sales/use tax refund review.
- Assisted a client, a provider of IT solutions to businesses, obtain a refund of BPOL paid to a locality in excess of $100,000 over a three year period, and benefit from tax savings on a going-forward basis as the result of a review of its BPOL filings and business operations.
- Assisted a client in having a penalty of approximately $56,000 waived by a locality due to the late filing of a machinery and tools tax return due to very specific circumstances.
- Assisted a client in obtaining a refund of $90,000 in sales tax paid to a vendor on direct mail advertising as the result of a refund review.