Maximizing Profitability, Even in the Toughest of Times
We serve over 140 regional construction businesses including: general and specialty contractors in commercial, residential, industrial, and real estate development sectors. Through working closely with these clients, we are familiar with the Section 199 deduction and carry back loss identification opportunities to streamline costs.
Our construction industry experts stay ahead of industry changes and have a long track record of providing excellent service to Virginia construction companies. They are actively involved in several construction associations including: Association of General Contractors for Virginia (AGCVA), Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), National Association of Construction Auditors (NACA), Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), and Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW).
Construction companies are regularly involved in transactions which require specialized tax knowledge and strong financial reporting policies. We can help your company:
- Maximize tax credits, including the Section 45L Energy-Efficient New Home Credit
- Calculate Section 199 deductions
- Structure tax efficient succession planning strategies
- Defer taxable income when allowable
- Identify carryback losses to decrease taxable income
- Inventory assets to reduce property tax liability
- Implement tax-efficient compensation structures for owners and key executives
- Enhance revenue recognition practices to enable investors to better understand your business
- Minimize multistate income tax issues
- Reduce sales and use tax compliance issues
- Preform percentage of completion and completed contract methods of accounting
- Perform Internal audits, internal controls reviews, IT audits, and regulatory compliance reviews
Real Estate & Construction Industry Expertise
Keiter has one of the largest and most experienced real estate and construction industry teams in Virginia. This team has unparalleled real estate transaction expertise and is proactive in bringing opportunities to clients that impact their bottom line. Contact our team to find out how we can help you and your business.