Net Pen Testing – Charleston (WV)
Businesses in Charleston and across West Virginia have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Charleston (WV)
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Charleston and across West Virginia for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Charleston (WV)
About Charleston (WV)
At the heart of Charleston’s business landscape is a strong emphasis on community and collaboration. Local businesses, both large and small, actively engage in networking events, trade shows, and industry associations, fostering an environment of support and mutual growth. This spirit of cooperation extends to government entities, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations, all working together to create a thriving business ecosystem.
The healthcare sector is a driving force in Charleston’s economy, with several major medical facilities and health systems making significant contributions to the region’s overall prosperity. These institutions not only provide top-notch medical care but also support research and innovation, attracting medical professionals and specialists from various fields.
As technology continues to shape the modern world, Charleston has embraced the digital age, nurturing a burgeoning tech industry. Startups and tech companies have found a welcoming environment, driven by local incubators, accelerators, and supportive investor networks. This growing tech scene has bolstered the city’s reputation as a hub of innovation and ingenuity.