Net Pen Testing – Milwaukee (WI)
Businesses in Milwaukee and across Wisconsin have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Milwaukee (WI)
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Milwaukee and across Wisconsin for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Milwaukee (WI)
About Milwaukee (WI)
At the heart of Milwaukee’s business community are its industries, which have played a significant role in shaping the city’s identity. Manufacturing has long been a pillar of the local economy, with companies like Harley-Davidson, Briggs & Stratton, and Johnson Controls leading the way. These companies have not only established themselves as industry giants but have also contributed to the city’s reputation as a manufacturing powerhouse.
However, Milwaukee’s business landscape extends far beyond manufacturing. The city has made great strides in diversifying its industries, embracing sectors such as healthcare, finance, insurance, information technology, and professional services. This diversification has created a robust and resilient economy, attracting a wide range of businesses and fostering innovation and growth.