Net Pen Testing – Newark (NJ)
Businesses in Newark and across New Jersey have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Newark (NJ)
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Newark and across New Jersey for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Newark (NJ)
About Newark (NJ)
The business community in Newark, New Jersey, is a resilient and transformative force that shapes the city’s economic landscape, cultural identity, and future prospects. Situated in close proximity to New York City, Newark has historically been a hub of transportation and commerce, and its business community reflects a dynamic mix of industries and initiatives.
Newark’s business community has deep historical roots dating back to its early days as a major transportation and industrial center. The city’s strategic location along major highways, railroads, and ports contributed to its role as a vital link in the regional and national economy. Over the years, Newark’s business landscape has evolved while retaining its spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Given its strategic location, transportation and logistics remain integral to Newark’s business community. The city’s proximity to major airports, seaports, and highways has led to the growth of distribution centers, shipping companies, and transportation-related industries. Newark’s status as a transportation hub continues to attract businesses seeking efficient access to national and international markets.
Newark’s institutions of higher education, such as Rutgers University and the New Jersey Institute of Technology, contribute to a thriving research and innovation ecosystem. These institutions drive technological advancements and foster collaborations that benefit both academia and the business community. Startups and technology-driven companies often emerge from this environment.