Net Pen Testing – Seattle (WA)
Businesses in Seattle and across Washington have become increasingly aware of the threats that ransomware and cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that the sophistication, frequency, and severity of the attacks is increasing. As an example, some newer ransomware incidents, the hacker performing the attack will both encrypt data as well as exfiltrate the data and leak it to the dark web if not paid. In other ransomware incidents the attacker will target backup systems and VMWare hypervisors, making restoring from backups much more challenging. The increasing risk calls for continuous review and updating of cybersecurity. A good first step in improving cyber security is to conduct yearly penetration tests.
Penetration Testing Experience – Seattle (WA)
Keiter has provided penetration testing services to organizations in Seattle and across Washington for over 15 years. Our team has significant experience delivering cybersecurity solutions to companies in a variety of industries. The confluence of technical acumen with years of experience allows us to conduct detailed, high-level testing. The result is a comprehensive report that not only exposes weaknesses and areas of improvement but includes expert insights on the best way to resolve uncovered issues.
A penetration test typically involves the following steps:
- Planning and Reconnaissance: The penetration testing team researches and gathers information about the target system or network, such as IP addresses, open ports, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Scanning: The team uses specialized tools and techniques to scan the target system for vulnerabilities, such as unpatched software or misconfigured systems.
- Enumeration: The team identifies and gathers information about the target system’s configuration, user accounts, and other relevant information.
- Vulnerability Analysis: The team analyzes the vulnerabilities found during the scanning and enumeration phases to determine how they can be exploited.
- Exploitation: The team attempts to exploit the vulnerabilities to gain access to the target system or network.
- Post-Exploitation: If successful, the team may attempt to escalate privileges, move laterally through the network, or gather additional sensitive information.
- Reporting: The penetration testing team provides a detailed report that includes a description of the vulnerabilities found, the risks associated with each vulnerability, and recommendations for remediation.
Map of Seattle (WA)
About Seattle (WA)
Beyond technology, Seattle is home to a variety of industries that contribute to its economic vitality. Aerospace plays a significant role, with the Boeing Company being one of the largest employers in the region. Seattle is also a hub for biotechnology, healthcare, clean energy, maritime industries, and retail, with companies like Starbucks and Nordstrom originating from the area. This diversity of industries ensures a robust and resilient business community that is not solely dependent on a single sector.
Seattle’s business community thrives on collaboration and support. The city boasts a strong network of incubators, accelerators, and coworking spaces, such as Pioneer Square Labs, the University of Washington’s CoMotion Innovation Center, and WeWork, which provide a supportive ecosystem for startups to grow and connect with industry experts and mentors. Additionally, organizations like the Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce and the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce actively promote networking, advocacy, and business development opportunities.
The city also benefits from a highly educated workforce, thanks to renowned educational institutions like the University of Washington. The university acts as a catalyst for research and talent, fueling innovation and entrepreneurship in the region. The presence of such institutions and a culture that values continuous learning contribute to the overall intellectual capital of Seattle’s business community.