Kay has over 23 years of tax experience in both the private and public accounting practice areas. Kay serves several of Keiter’s larger corporate clients with their FAS 109 tax provision and returns. Currently, Kay leads the Keiter multi-state tax team, which is primarily responsible for a majority of the multi-state tax filings prepared by the firm. In addition, the Keiter multi-state tax team provides income, as well as, sales and use audit and research support services. Kay works on a wide variety of industries, since most of her clients are multi-state. Some of the specific industries she serves include services, broker-dealers, manufacturing, and construction. Furthermore she consults with a variety of clients on filing requirements for multi states and foreign company ownership and operations. In addition, she manages other large affiliated groups of returns that span several months to ensure due dates are met.
Prior to joining Keiter, Kay worked for a high technology manufacturer in San Diego, California. Her responsibilities included income, sales and property tax compliance, managing any federal and state audits, implementation of sales tax reporting procedures, tax provisions, multi-state tax issues, international operations and foreign reporting requirements. She also prepared the documentation of costs eligible for the federal tax credit for increasing research and experimentation expenditures. Prior to working on the private side of accounting, Kay was a senior tax consultant for Deloitte & Touche, LLP. While at Deloitte, she was responsible for clients’ tax planning, tax compliance and researching issues. Her clients at Deloitte were primarily foreign owned US companies.
Kay is a member of the Henrico Business Council Cabinet. She is also active in the American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA)-Richmond Chapter serving in a variety of roles over the years including Co-Chair ASWA Regional Conference, ASWA National Conference Presenter, former Director and Vice President.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Women Accountants-Richmond Chapter
Co-chair ASWA Regional Conference
President 2010 to 2012
ASWA National Conference Presenter 2010 and 2011
Vice President 2008 to 2009
- Henrico Business Council Cabinet
Virginia Commonwealth University
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
San Diego State University
Masters in Taxation
- Multistate Tax Update, VSCPA Professional
- American Tax Relief Act of 2012 Tax Planning, AGA Richmond Chapter- January 2013
- Tax Planning Update, IMA Richmond Chapter- November 2011- 2014
- Sales Tax Seminar, Lorman co-presenter- 2012-2014
- Multi State Update, Keiter Annual Client Seminar- 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Multi State Tax Issues, ASWA Joint National Conference- 2010
- Sales and Use Tax Hot Topics, ASWA Joint National Conference- 2011
- Income Tax Update, ASWA Richmond Chapter- 2010, 2011 and 2012