By Keiter CPAs
At Keiter, we are more than accountants. We take the time to get to know you and your business in order to provide insights and opportunities to help you reach your growth and financial goals. The following are a few examples of the value-added services we have provided to our manufacturing, retail and wholesale distribution clients.
- A local business acquired an out-of-state manufacturing and distribution company that they self-financed. Through sale and lease-back strategies, we helped them minimize a $350,000 state tax burden that would have been incurred had the parent company been charged subsidiary interest on financing.
- A Virginia based manufacturer was sold to an international buyer. Keiter helped the seller negotiate the sale terms which included additional sale proceeds (a tax gross up) for the differential in net cash to the seller for a stock sale versus an asset sale. As the buyer preferred the tax advantages of an asset sale and the ability to amortize goodwill for tax purposes, the negotiated terms were beneficial for both buyer and seller.
- A gas distributor, at risk through lack of covenants not to compete, turned to Keiter for help. They wanted to bring in a sales consultant and his existing customer base. We designed attractive compensation agreements for all of the client’s top salespeople by including equity incentives that did not violate the non-compete agreements.
- We assisted a distribution client with enhancing its LIFO inventory method resulting in significant additional tax benefits while simplifying the accounting methodology.
- A distribution company client constructed a new distribution center. By utilizing our cost segregation services, we assisted the client with maximizing tax depreciation deductions and provided significant additional cash flow through tax savings that was redeployed into the business.
Our Manufacturing, Retail & Wholesale Distribution industry team shares their insights and knowledge on our blog. Interested in talking with our team about our services to clients in your industry? Contact us: 804.747.0000 | email@example.com
About the Author
The information contained within this article is provided for informational purposes only and is current as of the date published. Online readers are advised not to act upon this information without seeking the service of a professional accountant, as this article is not a substitute for obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.