Carroll Hurst was a founding partner of Keiter in 1978 and is now a Director at Keiter and Keiter Advisors, focusing on transaction consulting. Carroll applies his knowledge and expertise to provide transaction advisory services to privately-owned businesses.
Carroll works in the following service areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic planning, business succession and estate planning
- Structuring equity and debt financing
- Troubled debt restructuring
- Employee benefits and executive compensation, including consulting concerning various stock and cash incentive plans
Carroll represents numerous closely-held businesses in the foodservice distribution, manufacturing, healthcare, construction, retail, wholesale, and service industries, as well as private equity and venture capital funds. Many of these businesses are second and third generation family owned and operated businesses.
Carroll leads the Firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions team. His services in the mergers and acquisitions area include valuation, interaction with investment banking firms and law firms during all stages of negotiations, structuring transactions, tax planning and modeling of after-tax cash flows from various transaction structures, due diligence assistance, and negotiation of various terms of the transaction. Carroll also regularly creates opportunities for clients with advice on debt and equity capital raising instruments. These services include valuation assistance in the structuring of the entity and the terms of the debt or equity, the review of legal agreements related to these transactions, and negotiations of transaction terms on behalf of clients.
Carroll is actively involved in assisting startup companies through the early stages of their business.
Carroll is a strong supporter of the Richmond Ballet serving as a board member, and past president and treasurer. In addition, he is a board member and past president for the Association for Corporate Growth. He is a past treasurer for William Byrd Community House.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Lighthouse Labs
- Association for Corporate Growth, Richmond Chapter Past President
- Commonwealth of Virginia Venture Capital Roundtable
- Business Finance & Turnaround Association
- William Byrd Community House, Past Treasurer
- Richmond Ballet, Board member, Past President and Treasurer
- Henrico County Industrial Development Authority Business Retention Committee
University of Richmond
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, summa cum laude