Chris is a trusted advisor to his clients. He actively communicates with his clients during the engagement and throughout the year to address concerns, share insights on changing or new regulations, and identify new opportunities.
Chris has over 20 years of experience in public accounting providing audit and consulting services to clients in various industries. He is the Practice Leader of the Business Assurance and Advisory Services Group. Chris is responsible for the execution of the department’s vision for growth, and for client service operations including staffing and resource allocation, technical accounting and financial reporting matters, and regulatory compliance.
Chris also serves as the leader of the Firm’s Financial Services Industry Team, and in that role oversees services to the Firm’s broker dealer, hedge fund, private equity fund, real estate fund, and other financial service clients.
Prior to joining Keiter, Chris was a senior manager with the Richmond office of Ernst & Young. Chris’ responsibilities included managing audit engagements for both publicly- and privately-held companies. In addition, he managed the audits of several pension and 401(k) plans.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Junior Achievement of Central Virginia, Past Chairman of the Board
- St. Bridget’s School, Finance Committee
The University of Mary Washington
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Annual Accounting Update presented by Keiter (2007-2017)
- Annual Accounting Update sponsored by Accounting Principles (2009-2018)