Doug's growth and success over the years has been a result of him building trusted relationships and delivering the highest customer service to his clients and other business leaders in Richmond. He partners with his clients to consult with them on new and changing regulations and identifies accounting and business opportunities for their continued growth and success.
Doug is a member of Keiter’s Real Estate and Construction, Healthcare & Medical Services, and Manufacturing Industry teams. In addition, he is a member of the Keiter Merger and Acquisition team and leads numerous due diligence, quality of earnings, and M&A consulting engagements for clients located across the country.
Doug has over 20 years of experience in corporate accounting and public accounting providing assurance and consulting services to clients in the real estate and construction, manufacturing and distribution industries, professional and financial services firms, privately-held companies, and not-for-profit organizations.
Prior to joining Keiter, Doug spent over 10 years in public and corporate accounting in the Richmond, Virginia and Washington, DC areas. Doug spent five years as the corporate controller for a national multi-family real estate development and construction company in the Washington DC area, where he was primarily responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the company and various joint ventures and development entities. Doug’s recent experience includes manufacturing, distribution and biotechnology companies with unique revenue cycles and recognition methods. He has numerous clients that have been involved in complex mergers, purchase acquisitions, debt refinancing and capital structures.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Construction Auditors
- Virginia Government Finance Officers’ Association
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Richmond Chapter AGA – Membership Chair (2010-2012), Sponsorship Chair (2012-2014)
- Rotary Club of Innsbrook – Sergeant at Arms (2011-2012) ), Treasurer (2012-2013), Membership (2013-2014), Community Service (2014-2015)
Bachelor of Business Administration- Accounting