In working with his clients, Scott provides purpose-driven solutions to business challenges and creative options to help them reach their business and personal goals.
Scott provides tax and consulting services to privately-held businesses and their shareholders. He also provides strategic consulting services, financial analysis, and tax advice to large and middle-market privately held clients interested in acquiring, divesting, recapitalizing, or selling their enterprise. Scott’s experience includes financial statement analysis, business transactional structuring, flow-through entity tax planning, business tax compliance, and corporate tax provisions (FAS 109 and FIN 48).
Scott joined the Firm in October 2010 and is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Merger and Acquisition Advisor through the Alliance of M&A Advisors.
Scott is a member of Keiter’s Emerging Growth and Technology Industry team, where he consults with early stage business owners on relevant financial and tax matters, and is a member of the Merger and Acquisition team, where he specializes in providing sell-side and buy-side quality of earnings services. He is also a member of Keiter Advisors, Keiter’s full-service transaction advisory group serving lower middle market companies and their owners.
Scott plays an active role in the Virginia start-up community participating in the Richmond Venture Forum and working alongside Lighthouse Labs.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- William and Mary Alumni Association
- William and Mary Young Guarde
- Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce – Helping Young Professionals Engage (HYPE) program
- Keiter Future Leaders Group
- American Heart Association- Young Executives at Heart, Heart Ball Committee
- Junior Achievement
College of William and Mary
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Finance Concentration