Matt has over 20 years in public accounting providing audit, tax, and consulting services for HUD financed housing, VHDA financed housing and construction, not-for-profit organizations, construction, retail, and manufacturing clients. Matt is a member of the Firm’s Not-for-Profit team and Real Estate & Construction industry team.
His experience includes conducting audits under Government Auditing Standards, Single Audits in compliance with Uniform Guidance (OMB Circular A-133), and the Consolidated Audit Guide for Audits of HUD Programs. He provides insights and opportunities to a variety of businesses, including multi-state privately held businesses and companies with single location operations.
Matt supervises the work necessary to form the basis of expert witness testimony for the forensic services group and has qualified and testified as an expert witness in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Former Member – Professional Ethics Committee; Former Member – Audit Committee; Past Chair, Young CPAs Committee
- Association for Certified Fraud Examiners
- Rotary District 7600, District President and Former District Treasurer
- Boy Scouts of America
- Connor’s Heroes Foundation, Founding Board Member, Member – Finance Committee
The College of William and Mary
Bachelor of Business Administration