Has your business experienced a financial fraud?
A financial fraud can be disastrous for a business if you do not act quickly to prevent further fraud and to recover assets. If you suspect that a fraud has occurred, you should hire a consultant who possesses the expertise and experience to assist you in planning and conducting the financial investigation.
Valuation and Forensic Services Team
Our Valuation and Forensic Services Team includes professionals who specialize in providing financial investigation services making our practice one of the largest in Virginia. If required, we also have additional resources to draw upon from our audit team which includes staff with specialized industry expertise and training in conducting financial investigations.
Members of our team are certified by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants as Certified Public Accountants and Certified in Financial Forensics, and by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners as Certified Fraud Examiners.
Our experience includes serving as the financial consultants and experts for one of the largest personal frauds ever committed in Virginia (an international Ponzi scheme totaling over $70 million), as well as one of the largest employee embezzlements (a $15 million theft from a publicly traded company).
Financial Investigation Services
- Planning the investigation
- Assisting with discovery and obtaining evidence (including interviewing witnesses, analysis of documents, and searching of public records)
- Performing computer forensic analysis to identify questionable transactions and recover documents
- Determining how a theft was perpetrated
- Determining how a theft was concealed
- Determining how assets were converted and tracing asset disposition
- Quantifying damages
- Preparing of demonstrative exhibits for trial
- Preparing expert reports
- Presenting expert witness testimony
- Assisting with insurance claims
- Identifying potential assets for recovery
- Assisting with determining required restatements to financial statements and tax reporting issues
- Developing recommendations for improvement of internal controls
Types of Financial Investigations
- Employee embezzlement
- Management fraud
- Investment scams
- Vendor fraud
- Customer fraud