Concerned your business experienced a financial fraud?
A financial fraud can be disastrous for a business if you do not act quickly to prevent further fraud and to recover assets.
Keiter’s Valuation and Forensic Services team possesses the expertise and experience to assist you in planning and conducting the financial investigation. We have served as U.S. District Court-appointed forensic accountants on cases in which we collaborated with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. We have also been appointed by the U.S. Office of the Federal Public Defender as a consultant on two major fraud cases.
Financial Investigation Experience
We have served as consultants and/or experts on many very high profile and complex forensic accounting projects, including.
- Employee embezzlement
- Management fraud
- Investment scams
- Vendor fraud
- Customer fraud
Financial Investigation Services
- Planning the investigation
- Assisting with discovery and obtaining evidence (including interviewing witnesses, analysis of documents, and searching of public records)
- Determining how a theft was perpetrated
- Determining how a theft was concealed
- Determining how assets were converted and tracing asset disposition
- Performing computer forensic analysis to identify questionable transactions and recover documents
- Preparing of demonstrative exhibits for trial
- Preparing expert reports
- Presenting expert witness testimony
- Assisting with insurance claims
- Identifying potential assets for recovery
- Assisting with determining required restatements to financial statements and tax reporting issues
- Developing recommendations for improvement of internal controls
- Quantifying damages
Valuation and Forensic Services Team
Our Valuation and Forensic Services practice is now in its 25th year and one of the largest practices in Virginia dedicated to providing these specialized services. Members of our team are certified by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants as Certified Public Accountants and Certified in Financial Forensics, and by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners as Certified Fraud Examiners.