Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a key component in supporting Keiter’s mission and core values. Our approach to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives is ever-evolving and focused on continuous improvement. Our DE&I initiatives began in 2019 and include:
- Keiter DE&I Resource Group
- Recruiting from diverse colleges and universities
- Support of diversity initiatives at Virginia colleges, including sponsorship of VCU’s National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) scholarship and Virginia Tech’s Pamplin College of Business diversity programs
- Supporting diversity initiatives in our business community through active sponsorship of the VSCPA D&I Award and industry related women’s events and programs
- Community outreach and pro-bono knowledge sharing
- Business support of local, small, women and minority owned businesses
- Continuing membership in Equality Means Business, which supports Virginia’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender community
In 2020, Gary Wallace, Managing Partner, joined CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
By joining this pledge, we continue the Firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. CEO Action also provides a place for companies to share effective programs and measurement practices – which allows Keiter to not only track our own progress, but also gain access to programs that are working at other similar companies across the nation. Through the sharing and learning with each other, we can strengthen our existing programs and commitments to better serve our employees and society.