Succession planning is the single most important financial event in a business owner’s life. Keiter’s team works to ensure their business owner clients get the maximum value for their business while at the same time staying in control and reducing the risk inherent in any transition process.
Every successful business owner asks some, if not all, of the following tough questions:
- What is the long-term outlook for my company and my industry?
- When do I think I will want to slow down or step aside?
- What will happen to my business if something happens to me?
- If I don’t have any family members or key employees who are interested in succeeding me, how will I maximize the value of my business when I am ready to sell?
- Are there other alternatives, such as ESOPs, that I need to consider?
These questions are important and need to be reviewed and answered. Our goal is to help you identify and evaluate alternatives and opportunities for business succession planning.