Succession planning is the single most important financial event in a business owner’s life. Keiter’s team works to ensure their business owner clients get the maximum value for their business while at the same time staying in control and reducing the risk inherent in any transition processs.
Every successful business owner asks some, if not all, of the following tough questions:
- What is the long-term outlook for my company and my industry?
- When do I think I will want to slow down or step aside?
- What will happen to my business if something happens to me?
- If I don’t have any family members or key employees who are interested in succeeding me, how will I maximize the value of my business when I am ready to sell?
- Are there other alternatives, such as ESOPs, that I need to consider?
These questions are important and need to be reviewed and answered. Our goal is to help you identify and evaluate alternatives and opportunities for business succession planning.
Many business owners would like to transfer the business to someone who shares their vision while others are concerned about the price their exit will command. Your expectations and objectives guide our creation of a unique approach for transitioning your business. Your plan should consider:
- The value of your business
- Structuring ownership and control
- Building a management team and retaining good employees
- Ensuring long-term viability
- Estate tax planning
- Finance assistance and structure
- Providing financial security in your retirement
- Transfer methods
- Your timetable and exit strategy
- Minimization of taxes
Our thoughtful, innovative approaches to succession planning services provide comfort to business owners like you as we help define and secure your company’s future.