Julie is responsible for the day-to-day operations, as well as overseeing the development, planning and execution of the Firm’s strategic plan and vision. She also manages the Firm’s information technology, recruiting, marketing, training, and back office operations. Additionally, she serves on the Firm’s Executive, Technology, Strategic, Partner Compensation, and Tax Workflow Committees.
Julie has over ten years of IT experience that includes auditing, consulting, corporate support, and project management. Prior to becoming COO, Julie managed the Information Technology and workflow departments. While in these roles, she improved business processes by tailoring and implementing effective and efficient technical solutions, such as facilitating a paperless environment that delivers quality end-products to clients.
Prior to joining Keiter, Julie worked as a Business Software Consultant responsible for implementing accounting systems on multiple database platforms, customizing accounting structures, and installed, maintained and upgraded an array of client and server applications.
Julie began her career as an auditor with the Auditor of Public Accounts, the state auditor for the Commonwealth of Virginia. Her primary responsibilities included performing audits of financial statements and performance audits of state agencies and institutions of higher education.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors
- Member of the Project Management Institute
- Member of the AICPA
- Richmond Technology Council (rvatech) participant
- Leadership Metro Richmond Class of 2015
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting Information Systems