Brett Sinsabaugh, CPA, CCA
Business Assurance & Advisory Services Manager
Brett is a Manager in Keiter's Business Assurance and Advisory Services department. He is responsible for performing accounting and auditing related tasks, such as planning and preparing audits, understanding and testing of internal controls, analytical procedures, and testing of detail transactions, recording transactions in journals, reconciling accounts, preparing financial statements, and supervising completion of audit procedures.
Brett’s client focus is primarily in the real estate and construction industry. He also provides audit and business assurance services to privately-held businesses to clients in the manufacturing, retail and distribution, and technology industries, as well as employee benefit plan audits and not-for-profit organizations. Brett is a member of the Firm’s Employee Benefits team and Real Estate and Construction industry team and frequent article contributor to the Firm’s blog and newsletter on accounting topics relating to the industry.
Brett currently serves as Director of Finance on the board of Greater Richmond SHRM. He is also a member of Keiter’s Future Leaders Group.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Construction Auditors
- Greater Richmond SHRM, Director of Finance
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Political Action Committee (VSCPA PAC) – Board of Trustees
- Virginia Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors
- Central Virginia Employee Benefits Council (CVEBC)
- Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Helping Young Professionals Engage (HYPE)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Post Baccalaureate Certificate - Accounting
Christopher Newport University
Bachelor of Arts - Sociology/Criminology Concentration
Publications and Thought Leadership
- "Precise Financial Statements are the Key to Effective Bonding" - Construction Business Owner, June 2015